Outdoor swimming pool, indoor swimming pool, walking, cycling and Nordic walking trails, nature trail, cross-country skiing.
Hiking - nothing but nature
- Geroldsauer waterfalls
Beautiful rhododendron park (about 3 hours)
- Gertelbacher waterfalls (about 1 hour)
- Schwarzenbachtalsperre reservoir (about 1.5 hours to the dam)
- Lothar path (approximately 20 km)
An adventure path through an area of woodland destroyed by hurricane Lothar in 1999.
- Wilderness trail on Plättig (about 1 hour)
Unspoilt countryside, good shoes required!
- Waldlehrpfad Herrenwies
forest educational path with a hunting path and different stops with information on various topics (ants, bark beetles, fairy tales, etc.) (about 30 minutes)
- Herrenwieser See (lake)
A tarn about 15,000 years old (2-hour hike of about 4 km)
- Sandsee lake (popular trail at night) (approx. 15 minutes)
- Badener Höhe mountain
Watch tower (high-altitude walk, 1002 m above sea level, about 2 hours)
- "Hoher Ochsenkopf" forest reserve
(Walk there for about 3 hours)
- Information trail on the Mehliskopf mountain
(Find out more about the Black Forest)
Lots to experience
- Guided tour of the pumped storage power station in Forbach (263 bus, Tel. 07228-916 201. About 11 km away)
- Mehliskopf mountain with year-round bob run, ski lift and adventure climbing garden. Climb, balance and glide through a world of ropes, beams, bridges, nets and cable cars. Enjoy nature from high up! On this roughly 3.5 hectare site, you can climb from tree to tree on 7 obstacle courses of varying degrees of difficulty at heights of 3 m to 14 m (about 7 minutes away on foot).
- Nature Reserve Center Ruhestein
(can be reached by charter bus. About 18 km away)
- Ziegenpfad ("goat path") in Forbach
A merry walk with the goats for young and old alike.
(easy to get to with the 263 bus. About 11 km away)
- Luchspfad ("lynx path") in Baden-Baden
Path with 20 interactive stations with information about the habitat of the lynx in the Black Forest
The legendary Mummelsee is the biggest, deepest and highest lake in the Black Forest.
(about 12 km)